Thus, we hope to contribute to Eco-efficiency and environmental stewardship in the countries and communities in which we operate. Therefore, we are eager to take adequate measures preventing accidents and other health hazards, in order to minimize the causes of hazards related to work environment. That is th reason why UMS commits to an integrated management approach, for the purpose of bieng officially OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 compliant.
For a successful completion, UMS sets the following targets :
- Protect the environment while ensuring each and everyone’s safety by following the operative legal and regulatory requirements, and other requirements related to UMS activities.
- Diagnose the different hazards to which staff are exposed by field of operations, and the environmental impacts derived from those operations so as to suggest adequate measures of eradication or mitigation.
- Diagnose mandatorily any incident or accident and provide feedback in order to prevent repeat.
- Improve control and tracking of the waste generated by our operations.
- Monthl review HSE performance, which will be supported by a pertinent reporting process.
- Do everything in your power for this Policy to be understood and enforced, so that it may actively contribute to the continuous development and improvement of our integrated management system.
The HSE and compliance Policy is an integral part of UMS’s commitment for sustainable development and our strategy, procedures and daily operations. It is communicated to the whole staff, as well as the involved parties.